Thursday, April 18, 2013

The D.Lab

Hi!  Welcome to my new professional blog.  My list of interests grows almost daily. This blog reflects my experiences with all the things I enjoy doing for work and play. 

I have a strong agricultural background.  I grew up on a small farm in North Central Indiana were we raised much of our own food. We butchered chickens in the summer, hogs and lambs in the fall.  I owned a few horses as a teen and participated in FFA and 4-H.

I have an AS in Recreation and Leisure Services. I served as Activities Director for the Warsaw Parks and Recreation Dept in Warsaw, Indiana for several years.  At this position, I gained experience with public relations, fund raising, staff supervision, event planning and organizing, community development, budgeting and business administration. 

I owned and operated a small organic farm in Central Ohio for several years. We sold eggs and meat in the Greater Columbus area. We participated in several farmer's markets. Even though I've had thousands of chickens in my life, I still enjoy being around chickens and a tasty chicken dinner!

I have done many other work in my life too, most of which I truly enjoyed.  I have been a camp counselor, a food server and service trainer, a spiritual workshop facilitator, a trail ride guide, a restaurant manager, office manager, and have held a few other interesting positions.

Life is great! I am looking for enjoyable employment, preferably in the leisure or agritourism field, which combines my strengths and knowledge in the areas of agriculture and event planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment